Wednesday, March 25, 2009

More Good News!

Yesterday we confirmed something we had already suspected, but Dave was "officially" on the list to be promoted! He is finally going to be a Sergeant First Class! YAY!

He is number 221 on the list, so it will be a few months before he is actually promoted, but at least now we know it's coming! We are so proud of him!

Dave receiving his Drill Sgt of the Cycle Award in 2007



Then today, we got some great news from Andi's school. The high school mailed her report card out and she got her first 4.0 GPA! All A's! Way to go Andi!

Silly mom made a deal with all three kids that if they EVER got a 4.0 GPA she would pay them $100...of course I was thinking it would probably never happen...LOL Not that I don't think my kids are capable of it, but let's face it, it's a lot of work to get straight A's, ya know?

We are very proud of Andi too:)

Andi next to one of the birthing stones near Wahiawa

5 comments:

ThompsonFamily said...

Sounds like your family has alot of awesome things going on for them right now! I bet you are a proud wife and mom!

Sally-Ann said...

Congratulations to everyone!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations all the way around!!!!

southern family said...

wow andi you are a smarty pants! and Dave, I knew it would come soon congrats, I guess you are a smarty pants too?? (or something like that?) love you guys!

ThompsonFamily said...

Thank you for the comment you left on my blog about my dad. That is so neat! I didn't know that you had saw each other.
Even small memories and thoughts like that mean soo much for me to hear! THANK YOU!