Saturday, September 13, 2008

Columbus River Walk

We have lived here in Columbus for over 3 years and I had yet to walk the Georgia side of the River Walk. The River Walk is a walkway that goes along the banks of the Chattahoochee river (yes, as in the Alan Jackson song...we live way down yonder on the Chattahoochee...and yes, it DOES get hotter than a hoochie coochie...not sure what that means, but it doesn't sound right, does it?)
At Christmas time, on the Alabama side of the river, they have a Christmas light display that is really fun to walk through, so we have been on that side a few times. But this was my first time on the Georgia side. There are markers along the path that point out historic things and notes regarding Columbus and the river itself. It's kinds neat...although after walking 6 miles or so in this dang Georgia heat and humidity I was POOPED! I can't wait to get to Hawaii and feel those "trade winds" :)







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading other peoples blogs is a favorite paasttime of mine. It will be fun to keep caught up. I don't have a myspace account I do facebook sorry.

Grandma Kay said...

I enjoyed catching up on my beautiful grandkid's pictures. Miss and love you all. Grandma Kay

southern family said...

yea! Yea! you did a blog spot! That makes me so happy! I am so excited to keep reading it! I seriously will look at it daily! I love you tons!- ally

southern family said...

I was going to tell you about the fishing group pic on my blog..... martin set the timer on the camera, so nobody was actually taking the pic. but thats confusing hu!- love,ally